Feast your eyes on the list below:
10) Cher won her first Academy Award in the category “Best Supporting Actress” at the Golden Globe in 1984 for a well received performance in the film, “Silkwood.” In true 80’s ‘punk rock’ fashion, Cher walked the red carpet in a black top and a stripper-inspired skirt.
Through the years, Cher starred in a string of hit films including Mask, The Witches of Eastwick, and Moonstruck, for which she won another Academy Award for Best Actress in 1988. She however tried to make up for the fashion gone wrong by rocking the see-through get up (above: photo left).
9) Gwyneth Paltrow – Attends the 56th Annual Golden Globe Awards in 1999. The actress wore a satin skirt with a black top and clutch.
She looks great! Remember, the ’90s wasn’t all that fashionable. Yes I said it, so sue me.
8) Hilary Swank celebrated her first win for best performance in a dramatic motion picture for “Boys Don’t Cry” at the Golden Globe Awards in 2000. She wore a black sequined gown.
And by trying to keep up with the chic trend, Hilary made some drastic changes to her closet and emerged fully transformed, rocking a dramatic gold dress and a $250,000 Asprey & Garrard diamond necklace — originally created for one of Queen Victoria’s daughters in 1890 — at the Oscars in 2000.
7) Courtney Love – Not only do she enjoys taking shots and tippin’ off a bar stool every once in a while. Courtney showed up at 57th Golden Globe in a slashed-up blue and black Galliano dress in 2000. That was a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.
Here’s something new: Courtney also enjoys picking out her outfits with a little liquid courage and the ones with the most holes, excites her the most.
6) Diane Keaton – One of our favorite actress, but definitely not our fav fashion icon… she’s lacking dearly in that department. Keaton wore an unusual all-white — the white to Mary Poppins black — ensemble.
In 2005, Keaton, who was a Globes presenter that year and never failed to disappoint the fashion critics, decided to show up in an unflattering menswear jacket, worn over a floor-length tulle skirt.
5) Salma Hayek – While some stars shy away from red to avoid blending into the carpet, Salma took a risk and stood out in a red dress with a plunging neckline at the 2003 60th annual Golden Globe in Beverly Hills.
Back then, the now 46-year-old actress kept it very simple and chic!
4) Queen Latifah – Nominated for best performance by an actress in a supporting role in a motion picture “Chicago,” but lost to Meryl Streep “Adaptation”. The Queen wore a light blue turquoise and white floral pants designed by Escada. She completed the outfit with a lacy diamond necklace and earrings from De Beers.
Yeah, I could definitely see Lil’ Kim wearing those floral pants after teasing them a bit. Check the vision HERE. Latifah however made up for that get up gone wrong at the 63rd Annual Golden Globe Awards in 2006.
3) Sharon Stone – Staying clear of the beautiful gowns and pink tutus. Stone strutted down the red carpet at the G.G in 2003 in a daring black leather party dress and strappy boots.
Um, what could ever go wrong with this dominatrix-inspired outfit? Oh yeah, NIPSEY!
2) Lara Flynn-Boyle was the only actress to rock a pink tutu outfit at the Golden Globe. “Lara’s tutu was startling,” said actor Jack Nicholson, who noted his on-again, off-again girlfriend is a former dancer. “I slipped out for a cigarette and I saw her from the back. I wasn’t sure it was her.”
Really Jack? Now you wanna go disowning the crazy ex-girlfriend. Shame on you, and shame on Flynn for wearing that outfit!
1) Kate Hudson stunned everyone when she appeared on the red carpet in a dramatic Alexander McQueen dress at the 70th Golden Globe awards in 2013.
Hudson’s dress also featured an embroidered neckline and a mesmerizing gold belt. A smattering of Jennifer Meyer jewels and a gold clutch completed her red carpet stunner.