Beyonce has broken her silence by releasing a statement in regards to her sister Solange Knowles and husband Jay Z‘s elevator fight during the Met Gala afterparty, which was caught on a surveillance video at The Standard Hotel in New York, assuring fans that her family is moving forward and has patched things up.
Despite media tabloids speculations of Solange being intoxicated following her attack on the rapper along with an alleged report of Beyonce and Jay getting a divorce, the 32-year-old “Drunk in Love” songstress shutdown the rumors by saying:
“The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false,” she wrote. “At the end of the day families have problems and we’re no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.”
The singer went on to say in the statement (exclusively sent to the Associated Press on Thursday):
“As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it.”
“Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”
Beyonce however failed to speak on the removal of her matching ‘IV’ finger tattoo.
Also, TMZ first posted the three-minute clip Monday and said it was shot last week inside the Standard Hotel in New York City. The video appears to show Solange attacking Jay Z in Beyonce’s presence and show’s a security guard restraining her while still in the outfits they wore to the Met Gala last week. There is no audio.
As for the person who leaked the surveillance video, the hotel said Wednesday it has not only fired them, but plans to pursue a possibly a criminal suit.